Friday, June 09, 2006

The Football Fever Begins

Here comes the world cup football again. Gosh!! Look at how time flies. The madness begins again and going to stay for a month. Both this time and the previous time, I enjoy watching the game during prime time. Yeah, last time I was still in Malaysia. I was into a business of selling imitation football jersey join ventured with my brother. Well, I was his supplier. I can't believe that I actually did it.

There's nothing much happening here in Switzerland though they are participating in the game. Another thing is that, Switzerland is an immediate neighbour of Germany. Just next door. Unlike in Malaysia, though we don't participate, we still die for it. The Swiss are funny people or shall I say it correctly, NERDS!!! All they know is how to make money out of everything. The Brazilian team were in Switzerland for their final trainings. The Swiss, as usual, made business of it. They sold tickets to thousands for those who wanted to watch the training sessions.

Actually, I'm an England supporter but then, they got kick out during the quarterfinals of the previous world cup. Brazil and Germany met in the finals. My whole family was supporting Brazil. Therefore, to spice up the atmosphere, I purposely supported Germany, the opponent team. Even before the game started, I was already in my jersey, both top and bottom. I was jogging around my house as though I was training for the game. Amma said at my age, then, I was supposed to have children of my own but I was acting like a little kid myself. Though she was angry, she couldn't stop laughing at me. This time, as she wished, I'm already a mother of a bubbly 20 months old girl. She too plays football at home.

This time, I don't know if I would have much time to watch the games. Anyway, I'll keep myself updated. Again, I'm supporting both my fav teams, the English, the adorable chameleons and the German, the hardworking team.

Long live the Queen!!!!
Hopp Deutschland!!!!




Note: For the latest update on Germany 2006 click here

2 comments:

Visithra said...

may the best team win ;)

Unknown said...

Hehehehe I know ur a Brazilian supporter. anyway, my fav player is Ronaldinho.