Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Tea Party At Home

Yesterday we had a tea party at home. I love to cook and entertain guests. To my dismay, I don't always get this kind of chances as hubby rarely gets off on Sundays. So, I took the opportunity to prepared the goodies that I have wanted to eat for a long long time. I baked a moist chocolate cake and prepared the pastry for cherry tartlets on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, made yam jelly, buah melaka and using a store bought puff pastry, baked curry puffs with potato and prawns filling. This time, hubby couldn't help much in the kitchen, like the cleaning and washing up jobs which he normally does. The reason, Mahisha was not feeling well. She has cough and fever due to sudden whether change. Yeah, the temperature suddenly rose to 26° C. Therefore, he had to take care of her while I do all the jobs.

At 3:00pm Mahisha's babysitter, Priya, her husband Sundar and their son Hari came. As they entered, the football game between Netherlands and Serbia-Montenegro started. In line with the theme, they brought a football cake!


Then, came San and Kavitha at 3:30pm. We all ate and drank coffee (though it was a tea party, I served coffee) while watching the game. I was very pleased that my guests liked the goodies that I made. Then, San suggested that all of us go to his place and have a barbeque party at his lawn for dinner. That a indeed a great idea.

Our guests- From left to right: Kavitha, San, Sundar, Priya & Hari


We reached San's place in Bümpliz at 6:00pm which is a 10 minutes drive from our place in Brunnmattstrasse. The men prepared everything while we ladies and the kids played football at the lawn. Though Mahisha was not feeling well, she enjoyed the game. We ate cold pasta salad and barbequed sausages along with some vegetables. We all had a wonderful time chatting and laughing. We came back home at 9:00pm. Mahisha and appa straight away went to bed.

Mahisha & Hari playing football


Amma, Mahisha & Appa

5 comments:

geeth said...

So nice, the football cake *yum, yum*

Great football weekend with friends.. I'm sure you have a great gang to watch the World Cup finals ;)

Hope your daughter is feeling better :)

AquaM said...

hi pushpa
thx for dropping by. Please send me the recipes for the goodies that you had made!

i wish i could join u guys in swizzland and bake more stuff!
:(

Unknown said...

Geetha~ Thanx.
Mahisha is having 2 teeth at once. Due to tat, shez down with fever, cough & running nose. I've been having sleepless nites for the past 4 nites. My eyes r swollen.

Aquamarine~ Thanx & welcome to the blog. Check out my cooking blog for the recipes.

Has to be me said...

Hi Pushpa

Mahisha looks sweet & hopes shes much better & also that u've peaceful sleep. i know it can be so terrible having sleepless nites!

The cake looks yum!

Enjoy the world cup.

Sumitha said...

Hey Pushpa,is that you and hubby along with Mahisha