Thursday, June 01, 2006

Am I Happy Or What!!!

I am so very happy today. For the 1st time ever I have got orders for cakes. The orders are for 4 moist chocolate cakes. Though it is the time of the month that I will be absolutely busy closing monthly accountings, I accepted the offer with a big heart and smile. The cakes are for the Malaysian Embassy’s function to be held on Saturday at the residence of the Ambassador for the Malaysians living in Switzerland. I am extremely happy that my baking has received recognition and being favoured.

I realised that I was too happy only after having my dinner. I could not believe that my fish curry tasted too good. It tasted like amma’s fish curry. I cooked black pomfret fish curry. We had a guest for dinner. Even he had a 2nd serving and cleaned his plate without a single grain of rice. Today I have learned something very important. When we are happy and contended, whatever we do though it is a simple little thing, it tends to come out excellently. We have to happily do something in order to gain the best result or outcome.

12 comments:

archana said...

Congratulations Pushpa, you deserve it.
Archana

Visithra said...

Malaysian? wonderful to know ;))) enjoying ur cooking blog - the parcel items were enough to tell me ure msian ;)

Has to be me said...

Wow! Thats very commendable! :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for u pushpa....
ANd totlally agree with U on happiness thoughts :):)
Congratulations...

Shikha said...

i love pomphret :P

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hi !

thanx for stopping by
congrats !

was going thru the moist choc cakes... might try it this weekend

thank you

geeth said...

Congrats. Now you can spread and expand your love for cooking even more.

I have been to Geneva twice, and I have met up with Gowri, a Malaysian. You know her?

I notice you linked me.. thanks ;)

Unknown said...

Archana~ Thank u very much.

Visithra~ Thanx & welcome to the blog. Hehehe well, I guess m'sians can easily b identified. Once a m'sian guy came to me & asked me if I'm a m'sian. I asked him how sure is he tat i'm a m'sian. He said tat we have special qualities & tat it was very obvious on me.

Has to be me~ Thanx dear.

Santhi~ Many thanx.

Shikha~ Tatz my fav fish.

Deepa~ Thanx. Do let me know the outcome.

Geetha~ Thanx.
Is Gowri the the mother of 2 boys & the wife of a m'sian diplomat named Bala at the WTO? Well, I've met her once during the Embassy's National Day celebration in Bern. They r leaving to M'sia, probably in bout 1 week time.
Hey, thanx for adding me in ur blogroll too. ;)

geeth said...

Yeap, the same Gowri, actually she has a boy and girl ;)
So, how bout you? You have migrated there or will be back in Malaysia later?

Unknown said...

Geetha~ Ic. I must have got it mixed up, then.
Nope, didn't migrate. Just temporarily living here. Next year planning to get (or make) a 2nd baby & terus return back home. Can't live here for long. Since u've been to Geneva, let me tell ya something. Geneva is totally is different from other parts of Switzerland. It is a real kampung life here. Most importantly no freedom!!!!

geeth said...

Geneva is kampung, or Bern is kampung. I just felt that there is no life there.. if I were to stay there more than a month!
Which organisation are you attached with there?
Which part of Malaysia are you from?

Unknown said...

Gevena is a pekan. Bern is a kampung ulu. If u couldn´t live a mth in Geneva, I bet u can´t live in Bern even a week. My mom came here when I gave birth. She was here for 2.5 mths. When she left, she tat she´ll never return to Switzeland. It seems tat she´ll bcome crazy if she come here again.
I´m with the Embassy in Bern. Taking care of the finance.
I´m from KAY YEL!!!!! Now u know y even my mom can´t live here.